I love decorating with quilts for the holidays; it always makes my home look so warm and cozy. I especially like to decorate with snowflakes and snowmen, because they can stay out long past the Christmas holiday!
I created this fun Snowflake runner to bring some cheer from my home to yours!
14 1/2″x 40 1/2″
Inside – Five different red strips 2 1/2″xWOF
Border – Two red strips 2 1/2″x36″ and two strips 2 1/2″x14 1/2″
Snowflakes – Cut three snowflakes from the Snowflake template. I made all my snow flakes the same size at 7 1/2″, but you could enlarge or reduce the template to make your snowflakes different sizes.
Binding – 1/4 yard
Backing – 1/2 yard
1) Lay out the five inside strips and sew together along the long edges making the inside runner. Trim length to 36″.
2) Sew border strips to each of the long edges of the inside runner.
3) Sew border strips to each short end of the inside runner.
4) Position and appliqué snowflakes onto the runner.
5) Quilt as desired! I quilted around each snowflake and quilted wavy lines across the red strips.
6) Bind runner.
I hope that you can take a bit a time for yourself and create a snowflake runner for your home!